A new book of easier, shorter bushwalks in South East Queensland
What is it?
A guidebook of shorter, easier, more accessible family-friendly bushwalks in South East Queensland.
How is this book different from the other bushwalking guides?
- It's bang up to date
- It only covers easier, shorter bushwalks
- It only covers easily accessible bushwalks, you don't need a 4WD
- Every bushwalk is illustrated with a brand new finely detailed topographic map
- It covers every qualifying bushwalk in the region
- It has a family orientation - you don't need to be a serious hiker to enjoy it
What area does it cover?
- North to Noosa and Kin Kin
- South to the border
- West to Gatton
- East to North Stradbroke Island
Does the book have bushwalks in my region?
- Brisbane City
- Gold Coast
- Ipswich City
- Lockyer Region
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay
- Redland City
- Scenic Rim
- Somerset Region
- Sunshine Coast
Who will enjoy the book?
- Families looking for adventure and exercise
- Birdwatchers, naturalists
- Trail runners
- Schools, Scouts, Guides
What trails are in the book?
Our criteria for selecting bushwalks are:
- Well formed trails, not bush-bashing routes
- Usually signed, sometimes not
- Most designed, built and maintained as recreational trails
- Not too steep and rugged
- Not too long
- Reasonably accessible - 4WD or ferry generally not required
Where can I buy the book?